We believe that no one should go hungry in our community.
Around 20,000 people in Chittenden County are food insecure or hungry. That number is staggering, and it includes thousands of working families with children, seniors, and people with disabilities.
It's our mission to ensure that all of our neighbors have access to nutritious food. To do this, we need your help!
By donating today, you'll support a variety of programs that feed people and cultivate opportunities for people living in poverty.
Here's how we put your donation to work:
- Operating our Grocery program which served more than 10,000 of our neighbors and provided enough fresh produce, nonperishable products and frozen foods to make more than 1.8 million meals in the past year.
- Serving daily fresh cooked meals for people who are homeless or marginally housed.
- Bringing monthly deliveries of groceries and packaged meals to seniors and people with mobility-related disabilities.
- Keeping the Good Food Truck & Good Food Trailer on the road. These programs brought more than 6,000 healthy meals and groceries to under-served neighborhoods and housing sites in the past year!
- Operating Community Kitchen Academy, a culinary job training program, in partnership with the Vermont Foodbank. This program helps unemployed Vermonters get the skills they need to gain employment and greater economic security.
None of this work would be possible without the support of caring community members like you. Thank you for joining us in the fight against hunger!